Jae Hun Shim
(The following text was provided by the candidate or campaign.)
My name is Jae H. Shim, and I am the Wildrose Candidate for Calgary – Hawkwood. I live in the Hawkwood constituency, and am currently practicing law in Calgary. I finished my high school education at W. R. Myers in Taber, and subsequently attended the University of Lethbridge majoring in Political Science, and then pursued the study of law at the University of Saskatchewan. As an immigrant, I have come to appreciate the enormous potential that I have been given in Canada’s most beautiful province. As a proud Albertan and one who is dedicated to serving the community, I would be pleased to represent you as the Wildrose Party’s Hawkwood candidate, and hopefully as your MLA.
I have experienced, participated and organized numerous activities to demonstrate my leadership skills and strong work ethic. Further, I have a true passion for building better communities, improving in our education system, caring for people in need, promoting responsible energy resources, strengthening democracy and ending entitlement. I value honesty and benevolence. I am persistent, respectful and reliable.
I would like to start making a difference in our constituency to address your issues and concerns. As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter,” I am confident that I can bring positive influences on important things that matter to our community, and actively strive to make sure your voices are heard. Come out for the upcoming election and make a difference for Alberta! Thank you for your support.
• Shim Law (Current)
• Letourneau Law (2013-2014),
• MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman LLP (2011-2013)
• Snyder & Associates (Student-at-Law 2009-2010)
• High school football provincial championships (Tier III) in both 2000 and 2001 and Coach Award.
• 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon-Do
• Passion for research and advanced education in politics and law
• J.D. (Juris Doctor), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
• Français Langue Seconde ou étrangère (French Second Language) at the Universite du Trois Rivieres a Quebec
• B.A. (Baccalaureate), University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta (Major in Political Science with Honours and Great Distinction)
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Active volunteer member of Calgary Legal Guidance, Roster for the Legal Aid of Alberta, Member of ADR institute of Alberta and ADR Canada, the Law Society of Alberta and more.
• Member of the Knights of Columbus.
• Member of the Lion’s Club
• Vice chair of the Young Lawyers (Southern Saskatchewan) Canadian Bar Association Group. (2012-2013).
• Family Law project with Pro Bono Canada (2008), Disability Student Service (2007/2008), and Equal Justice for All (2006)