Title: Calgary Democracy
Description: Listings of citizen and voter resources about candidates and elected government representatives in Calgary. Includes detailed candidate lists for all positions, general election info, upcoming forums, media, blogs, video links, etc.
October 16, 2017: Calgary Municipal Election
Special Note: Some information here is not fully up to date (in particular, many communities have changed Wards, so please refer to the City’s Ward boundaries information until we can get that info updated here).
If you have additional candidate information to be added, or corrected, please contact me on Twitter @yycelect, or if you know me personally (Grant Neufeld) contact me directly.
2019?: Alberta Provincial Election
2019?: Canadian Federal Election
- Calgary-Greenway Provincial By-Election, 2016.
- Canadian Federal Election, October 19, 2015.
- Alberta By-Election for Calgary Foothills, September 3, 2015.
- Alberta Provincial Election, May 5, 2015.
- Public School Board By-Election, Ward 11 & 13, April 13, 2015, Candidates.
- Calgary Municipal Election, October 21, 2013.
- Calgary Municipal Election, October 18, 2010.
- Calgary Municipal Election, October 15, 2007.
- Lists of candidates on Twitter.
- Information on how to Subscribe to the calendar in your calendar application on your phone or computer.
- VoteKit Calgary. “A volunteer-run project that aims to remove barriers to voting by sharing non-partisan information on the upcoming civic election and knowledge about how to vote.”
- Calgary Election Candidates. Another independent website tracking City Council candidates.
- Democracy Kit. “A not-for-profit startup working to open the democratic process by publishing a shared campaign resource package for councillor and trustee races. DemocracyKit is being built by local campaigners, for local campaigners.”
- Ask Her. “Ask Her is committed to increasing the number of women running for Calgary City Council in the 2017 election by asking 20 women to run. Ask Her is committed to supporting female candidates and volunteers with funding and capacity building.”